The full Course syllabus Program:
- general information on cotton fibre (botanical varieties, structure and chemical composition, physical parameters and characteristics);
- cotton standardisation according to Universal Cotton Standards (USDA) which are the basis for the HVI testing system as well as for cotton standardisation according to the O’z DSt 604-2001 standard (Uzbekistan and other countries of Central Asia);
- classification of cottons of various origins with manual method and manual assessment of fibre length as well as interpretation of HVI results – (overall practical training – ca. 100 hours);
- description of world cotton market, including basic indices characterising cotton market;
- selected issues regarding cotton handling;
- English terminology and vocabulary used in international cotton turnover;
The full Course syllabus takes 4 weeks, however both the programme and the time may be shortened and adapted to the specific requirements of a defined group of participants.