In the period from January 30 to February 8, 2017, Gdynia Cotton Association has conducted individual cotton training for citizen of Iran Mrs. Shafaee Shahrzad representing the company Admiral Logistics – Teheran.
The programme of the 8-day training included the following issues:
- Theory of cotton fibre (botanical varieties, structure, chemical composition, basic physical parameters, characteristic features).
- Basic parameters characteristic of world cotton market and current condition of world cotton market.
- Cotton standardisation, according to Universal Cotton Standards (USDA), on which the HVI system is based; standardisation according to the O’z DSt 604-2001 standard (Uzbekistan and other countries of Central Asia).
- Classification of cottons of various origins with manual method as well as interpretation of HVI results (overall practical training – ca. 50 hours).
- Selected problems of cotton trade, transportation, and handling (storage, weighing, sampling, damages of cotton, shipping documents, Incoterms etc.).