On 25th October, 2013 the stationary, 6-week, English and Russian speaking – 84th Cotton Classification Course has been completed successfully. There were participants from Belarus, India and Turkmenistan.
From the left: YURY ANDRON (Polcotton), ALINA ULUGBERDYEVA (Paul Reinhart),
VIMAL KUMAR VERMA (Paul Reinhart)
The programme of the course included:
- Theory of cotton fibre
- Cotton classification with manual method – practical training,
- Laboratory methods of cotton testing, especially on the HVI line – theory and practice,
- Theory of cotton standardisation according to the Universal Cotton Standards (USDA) on which
the HVI system was based; standardisation according to the Uzbek (and other Central Asian
countries) O’z DSt 604-2001 standard,
- Selected problems of world cotton market,
- Selected issues regarding cotton marketing – trade, transport, and handling.